Family Support: Empowering Parents on the Educational Journey
At Sherborne Qatar, we believe that parents are vital partners in their child's educational journey.
We encourage and support parents to take an active role in their child's learning, fostering a strong collaboration between school and home. When you join our community, you will be asked to sign a Family Partnership Agreement, outlining how we will work together to ensure your child's success.
We understand that families may have unique needs and challenges, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Here are some of the ways we provide assistance and create a supportive environment for families:
- Regular Termly Workshops: We organize informative workshops throughout the year, covering various topics such as Autism for Friends and Family. These workshops provide valuable insights and practical strategies to help you understand and support your child's needs.
- Siblings' Support Sessions: We recognize the importance of supporting siblings in understanding and embracing their brother or sister's condition. We organize regular sessions specifically designed to help siblings learn and navigate their unique family dynamics.
- Employment of a family support worker.
- Coffee Mornings: We host coffee mornings in school, creating an informal and welcoming space for parents to connect with staff and other parents. These gatherings provide an opportunity to share experiences, build relationships, and foster a sense of community.
- Training and Workshops: We offer comprehensive training and workshops not only for parents but also for nannies and drivers. These sessions provide valuable knowledge and skills to enhance the support and care provided to children with special needs.
- Accredited Training: We deliver accredited training programs such as the National Autistic Society's EarlyBird, EarlyBird Plus, and Teen Life Programmes.
- Collaborations with Community Organizations: We partner with national and local organizations to ensure that parents can access additional support within the broader community. These partnerships provide a network of resources and expertise, offering comprehensive support for families.